Adding to the joys of dancing is the fact that it is good for you. The list below provides are some of the health benefits of dancing:
· Tone your entire body
· Improve posture and balance
· Increased stamina and flexibility
· Reduce stress and tension
· Build confidence and skills
· 0pportunities to meet people
· Help fend off illnesses. (Diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease, osteoporosis, and depression)
· Dancing can burn as many calories as walking, swimming or riding a bicycle.
· The exercise from regular dancing can lead to a slower heart rate, lower blood pressure and improved cholesterol profile.
· The side to side movements of many dances strengthens you weight bearing bones (tibia, fibula and femur) and can help prevent or slow loss of bone mass (osteoporosis).